Sunday, March 6, 2011

I used to be a bear you know.

Really, I did bear-stuff. Baby-bear stuff to be more specific. When I was little I was obsessed with climbing trees. Only problem, the only trees around were the ash tree(which is only good for climbing if you're taller than a twerp), and the aspens which grew in clumps of four and five out front.

I picked the aspens.

One day when I wasn't being watched, I climbed those aspens. Got twenty feet or so off the ground, was very pleased with myself, and then realized I didn't know how to get back down. (yeah real baby bears can get down, but I was always told they couldn't. otherwise they'd be there forever though, so I'm sure they can get down.)

Some random guy had to get me down because I wouldn't move and my mom wouldn't do anything but try and coax me down. Didn't work.

Thank you random stranger. If not for you, I might very well still be stuck in that tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment