Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meh

I'm slightly miffed. The wedding went great. I got to go out with my dad and aunt today to hang with my horse for awhile. The ranch was in the same general direction as where they needed to be going to get to the airport which was good too. Then they left and my horse riding lesson went great too. And no, there were only like fifty or so people at the wedding so the guy I like wasn't there.

It would have all been wonderful and hunky dory, except for what my mom kept saying all of Saturday and Sunday to me. 'It's not gonna last.' 'They already have two strikes against; for this this and this' and my personal favorite, when I asked her if she was going these kind of snips during and about my wedding she went into that "earnest" look of hers. (note, it is FAKE earnestness) "If you really love him, and you both love the Lord, I will be behind you one-hundred percent" But if I disapprove in any way I will. I don't like subliminal messages lady. I'd rather hear what you say than what you aren't saying. Tell me the TRUTH!!!! Chris and Sammy are exactly THIS. They love each other and both love the Lord. Yes, they could have done more waiting, been better at planning, whatever, but they still meet all the criteria and I'm really happy for them.

Why is she the only one complaining about it? She hates Sammy. Sammy still tries to be nice, but man! I don't even want to bring home a guy even if I find a nice one now. If I ever get married, I'm going to be a runaway bride and elope. (Unless something weird happens like I fall for someone while in another country and random guy goes for me too and proposes. It'd be like, sure! I'd love to get married. Just, let's not invite my mom if any of yall speak English...)

Here's some famous eloping spots for fun.

!0. Gretna Green, Scotland



Both Reno and Las Vegas in Nevada (bleh)

Then Gatlinburg Tennessee




Poconos Pennsylvania 




Niagara Falls 







Central Park in NY and The Eiffel Tower, oddly enough... and the last aand scariest one/possibly most awesome and unexpected we have;

Disneyland.

I'd go to the one in Paris rather than California since they have a real castle up there. 



But, just because it isn't famous for eloping, doesn't mean you can't use it. Like me, I probably wouldn't really pick any of these. Probably find me in an obscure town in the Nordic nations, Ireland, Scotland, or even Canada. Point is, I'm out. 


~Have a restful break

1 comment:

  1. YES! Paris Disneyland. I will be quite miffed if I am not invited to your wedding wherever it is. Because you know I would give the most epic toast speech ever.

    ReplyDelete