Thursday, December 23, 2010

He thought I'd be blonde

My dad did. I was a blonde for the longest time before my hair darkened over time. Funny, I figured Denmark would have thought the same, but I didn't think my dad would. No, he's not Denmark, but he did look scarily like an Italian version of Russia. (tan coat, black scarf, and smiling) XD Okay, this made me think of something when I was five.

Right after I moved here, after the parents' divorce, I was in kindergarten for two years. The first one I didn't have a lot of memories of even back then. I was told I was held back because I was too short, but now I'm thinking it might have been because they thought something might be wrong with me. I had friends, kind'ave. I had other kids I hung out with, but I couldn't remember their names for anything. So skip that first year, and act like it just went straight to the second.

I've been cutting my own hair for no reason for a long time. I still do it today, and I did it back then. I didn't do it well back then, and it's usually better now.... if I don't get crazy with it. During the summer, right before school started, I gave myself a magnificent haircut. This haircut, was very short in the back, and had to be fixed before school. I turned out having a short boys' haircut. I met this girl Erin, we were both blonde, both girls, and liked the colors blue and purple, and were stuck sitting together during the majority of the day. Of course we became friends since you really don't need much in common when you're six to hang out.

Thing was, my hair was cut super short and I wore my brother's handmedowns all the time. Erin perceived me as male, and was shocked into the truth when her best friend came to school wearing a pick dress with yellow flowers. (I also remember thinking back then I wish I had been born a boy so I could wear pants all the time, and never have to wear dresses or skirts again. Glad we don't live in medieval England, cause I don't have to wear that stuff anyway here.) Remembering this got me to thinking; did my brothers and Denmark think I was a boy? Some kids it's just hard to tell with, I know I personally try not to make assumptions on gender because of clothing alone. Like below is Prince Felipe Propero. Poor kid got shoved into a dress when he was little.


This is some random kid that it's just hard to tell the gender of.



I'll ask Tlior later. He's probably the only one who won't beat around the bush with it or make it into an awkward moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment