Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So, it's my birthday. Today, and now.

I didn't have mochiko flour to make mochis, so I made a cake from scratch without measuring anything. There's flour, sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, sweet basil, British tea (because I was drinking it and decided to put it in), a little lemon extract, and um, huh.... what did I put in that thing.... erm, two eggs, some vegetable oil, and some baking soda. 

It's in the oven, I'm baking it at 350F for 43 minutes. Hopefully it won't turn out crudey cause good or bad I'm gonna eat it. Hurray, this is how I'm starting out being eighteen. Whoo hoo!!!! .... I'm so lame. Kay, there's 13 minutes left, and it rose really freakishly well and it smells okay and everything (not like the cupcakes I got blamed for poisoning when it was the internet recipe's fault for making them toxic). Doesn't look done though, so I might have to leave it in longer.

Listening to Jordin Sparks "Battlefield" and Josh Ritter's "The Curse". The first one grew on me a bit cause my art teacher used to always have her radio set to whatever station played that, and the second I think I got introduced to from a comment on a fanfiction or some random thing. 

In later news, my horse is coming back from the trainer tomorrow. He is now ridable. A real horse. That's a relief, because really, a baby horse is just a big dog. A big dog that can buck and rear and decides to have dominance issues with you whenever it feels like it, and then act like a huffy blooming woman when you win. 

Five minutes left on the cake, but it looks like it's done now. Stuck a butterknife in it, came up clean, so I'm gonna go get that thing out now. Yeah. 

Whootness. I am awesome right now. The cake looks fantabulous, except for the er, stab wound from the butter knife. I kinda wasn't too nice about it I 'spose. I want to get some red dye, and paint it up with frosting like the Greenlandic flag. I'm getting Denmark's flag on my other cake apparently since drawing a circle is too complex for the 'amazingly professional cake-makers'. They put soccer balls on other people's cakes though. Lousy cheapskates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment