Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Vati

My mutter and vati got divorced when I was five. My da, is a pretty interesting man. They got divorced because he was a half crazed, abusive meatbag, who was bipolar and couldn't logically therefore, raise children safely. Hit my brother a lot, stopped after my brother turned around and dropped him. This was like when he was six. A six year old dropped a grown man. God I'm proud of my bruder.

Anyway, got to see him on a visit once when I was seven, cause after the divorce we moved to another state. I got him a dinosaur plushie, and he won a little white bear with a red ribbon for me at some kind of amusement park. (Huh, wonder if I still have that thing? Think it's downstairs somewhere...)

He never forgets my birthday, has sent me letters I was brainwashed into throwing away instantly and never reading until April of this year, and I barely talk to him on the phone. My bruder went and visited him with his gal, and it went over awesomely. Da called yesterday and today, and my mutter didn't answer it or yell phone for me. Yeah she doesn't like him, but I want to talk to him.

What she doesn't get, is that all she hates about me, she hated about him too. Being bipolar and sometimes openly cold in the face of her huffy open stupid, is definitely part of it. She tried to put me on crap for depression (don't worry lovies, not depressed, never was, just really disliked people in general for awhile), he's on crap for that sometimes. Look! A matching set! I've been wanting to talk to him about what he did in high school, why he went to college and got like tons of degrees in Criminal Science and whatnot to be a cop, how it feels not being able to use any of them because he's certified crazy by the state, how it's like getting along, just life.

I'm going to go to college in two years and major in French, and maybe double major in another language if I can, but more than likely just take the second as a minor. I want to know what I'm going to have to deal with if I ever get that bad when I'm older. Seeing how I'm pretty much fine with everyone but my mutter, it probably won't, but I still want to know.

I want to write that man a letter now. I suck at writing letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment